We all need a reason to leave the house! This Fall, bring your kids and join other Forest Grove families each week to stretch our legs, hop, skip, and jump while doing laps around the library building. You can do one lap and call it good, or walk for the full hour, or anywhere in between.
- This is an outdoor program during the winter...that seems an odd choice - what gives?
- The library used to do a program called Move! Dance! Play! during the winter months. This was a hugely popular large-motor programs for families with young children. Due to COVID-19 restrictions doing an indoor program this winter is not a possibility. However, library staff felt that an outdoor program with appropriate precautions could be done safely, and would encourage physical fitness, while potentially alleviating some of the social isolation that people are currently experiencing.
- What should I bring?
- A properly fitting mask that covers your nose, and mouth, and stays in place without a lot of fuss. Kids under the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask. Kids ages 2-4 are highly encouraged to wear a mask. Masks are required for participation if you are over the age of 4.
- Enough water for your family - there will be no access to library drinking fountains
- Walking shoes
- Warm and waterproof clothing for you and your kids.
- Any snacks you think you might need.
- What about bathrooms?
- There are two bathrooms that we will open to program participants during this event each week. Each bathroom will be one family at a time, and we will allow a short break between each use for air circulation and for disinfectants to work. You will still need to wear your mask while in the bathroom.
- What about really bad weather?
- The program will run despite a light drizzle, fog, or some cold weather. However, if it downpours, snows, is icy, or the temperature drops below 35 degrees (F), we will cancel. You can check back here or follow the library on Facebook to see any future cancellations.